Make your very own snow globe as seen in Verandah Santa!
You will need:
- Clean empty glass jar
- Extra smaller lid
- Yellow plasticine
- Polymer clay – yellow, red, brown, white and black
- Paint and brushes
- Spray sealant or clear drying glue
- Small piece of wire or a wooden skewer
- Glitter (optional)
- Glycerin (optional)
- Hot glue
- Create your Santa Paws using polymer clay.
- Roll out a ball of yellow polymer clay and make a small sun.
- Place both pieces on a sheet of baking paper and get an adult to bake them in the oven for 20 minutes at 135ºC.
- We will be using hot glue in the next few steps. Get an adult to help with the glue.
- Always with the help of an adult glue your sun to a piece of wire or wooden skewer.
- Ask an adult to help you glue the smaller lid inside the bigger lid.
- Glue both the Santa figure and the sun to the smaller lid then cover in yellow plasticine. Pile it up so it looks like sand!
- Paint the back half of your glass jar with a simple beach scene. Be careful when handling glass as it is fragile.
- Ask an adult to help you spray with sealant once dry or paint with a thin layer of clear drying glue.
- OPTIONAL STEP – Add a sprinkle of glitter and a dash of glycerin to the jar.
- Fill with water and place your lid with figure attached upside down into the jar. Screw the lid on securely, hold it tightly and give it a gentle shake.