How to make Pom Pom Ghost cupcakes
Have fun making and eating these cupcakes with the kiddos.
You Will Need:
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1 -2 tbsp milk
- 25g dark chocolate chips
Note: Make sure a grown up helps with small pieces, preparation and baking.
- 12 jumbo marshmallows
- 500g white fondant
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 50g black fondant
method (x12 makes)
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan / gas 4. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Tip in the eggs, self-raising flour and cocoa powder and beat until you have a smooth mix. Tip in the milk and chocolate chips and stir.
- Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases and fill using the mixture until they are ¾ full. Bake for 12 – 15 mins until you up a skewer into the middle and it comes out clean. Leave to cool completely.
- Place a marshmallow flat side down on top of each of the cupcakes and set aside. Dust your surface with icing sugar. Take around 30g pieces of the fondant and roll out until around ½ cm thick, this will be your ghost for one of the cupcakes. Cut around the fondant into a circle shape and put over the marshmallow to form a ghost shape, tuck the outside of the circle inwards to create ruffles. Continue with all cupcakes.
- Using more white fondant, roll out little balls and snip them with scissors to look like fur, place them to the side of the ghosts, like Pom Pom’s tail. Shape two little worm shapes and put them near the top of the ghost to look like eyebrows.
- Using white fondant, take little balls and shape them into pointed triangles like Pom Pom’s are, dab with some water to secure on to the top of the ghost. Create two ovals (squashed circles) and place them where Pom Poms’ eyes would be with a little water to attach. Roll little balls out of the black fondant and place in the centre of the white ovals.