Easy | Makes around 12 | Prep: 35 mins + chilling overnight | No cook
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with small pieces, preparation and baking.
- 23g lemon and lime or orange jelly crystals or block
- 570ml water
- 1 mango or 1/4 watermelon
- Line a 22 x 30 cm deep tin or tray with clingfilm, splashing the tin with a little water so it sticks. Cut out little gecko shapes out of the mango and/or watermelon. Peel the fruit and cut 2cm slices, and using a gecko cutter cut little characters out of the fruit. If you don’t have a gecko shaped cutter, draw a gecko on paper and cut it out. Use the template to trace it and cut out the fruit
- Put the cut-out gecko fruit shapes spread out into the prepared tin so they’re not touching.
- Tip the jelly crystals into a heatproof bowl and whisk in 285ml of water – whisk until dissolved. Tip in 285ml of cold water, whisking to combine, and then pour into the prepared tin. Place in the fridge overnight until set completely.
- Using the clingfilm, lift out of the tin and slice the jelly into rectangles around the gecko shapes.