Try making these delicious toffee apples for you and your friends! Follow the instructions below or download and print.
What you’ll need:
- 4 of your favourite apples
- 7 dates
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter e.g. peanut or almond
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- 1 pair of chopsticks for every 2 apples
- Vegan chocolate with no added sugar
- Crushed nuts e.g. cashews, peanuts, almonds (optional)
- Dried flowers
How to make them:
- Wash your apples and steadily insert one chopstick into each of their cores
- In a blender, place your dates, nut butter, coconut oil, water and maple syrup. Blend these ingredients together, adding water if the mixture is too thick. The consistency should be thick enough to spread. You will want to ask a grown-up for some help with these steps!
- Using a spoon, gently smear the date mixture over your apples.
- Place your apples on a plate lined with baking paper and decorate with your desired toppings.
- Put your decorated apples in the fridge for around 1 hour.