Have fun making play dough for the kiddos!
Note: Make sure a grown up helps with small pieces, preparation and baking.
You will need:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil (any oil can work)
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp chocolate drinking powder or cocoa (for brown play dough)
How to make playdough:
- Mix together the water, salt and chocolate powder
- Stir well to dissolve the salt and powder
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cream of tartar and olive oil
- Slowly add the water (you may find you need slightly more or less depending on the chocolate powder used)
- Mix together with a wooden spoon
- As it starts to form, use your hands (be careful as the mixture is hot) to work the mixture
Tip: If your play dough seems too wet, add some extra flour until it is at the desired consistency.
Have fun playing with your homemade play dough!