Cereal box crafts
Make a shield and sword to play with just like the Terriers! Scroll down for the instructions.
You will need:
- 1 cereal box
- PVA glue
- Paint and paintbrush/roller
- 1 small yoghurt tub
To make your shield:
- With the help of a grown-up, cut the top and bottom flaps off of your cereal box.
- Next, mark a line down the middle of the side of the box.
- Cut along your line to cut the box in two. One side will become your shield! Don’t throw away the other half though as you’ll need that later.
- Now you can paint your shield. You can also add any other decorations you like.
- Once your paint is dry, use some extra cardboard and glue to attach a handle to the back of your shield.
To make your sword:
- Take the other side of the cereal box, and draw two parallel lines, each the width of your ruler. Check out the downloadable instructions below for pictures of how to draw the lines.
- Then cut along the furthest one so both sections are together. You can glue these matching pieces together once folded over.
- Outline your sword and cut it out.
- Use the yoghurt tub to make the handle by cutting a slit in the bottom of the tub and sliding it over your sword.
- Now you’re ready to protect your friends!