Have A Go At Making These Delicious Yes/No Button Biscuits For All Your Games.
You will need:
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- Red ready to roll fondant icing
- Green ready to roll fondant icing
- Skewer (to engrave the icing with lettering)
Note: Make sure a grown up helps with small pieces, preparation and baking.
Method for the biscuits:
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Pop on a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick
- Cut into oval shapes and place onto a baking tray
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack
Method for the buttons:
- Roll fondant icing out and cut into circles
- Use the skewer to draw a ‘Y’ in the green button and a ‘N’ in the red
- Brush the backs of the icing circles with warm water and stick to the biscuits
- Then… eat!