How to make homemade playdough
Have fun making playdough from scratch!
You can use your playdough in The Creek play tray activity, doing some nature imprints or making playdough bugs.
You will need:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil (any oil can work)
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp chocolate drinking powder or cocoa (for brown playdough)
How to make playdough:
- Mix together the water, salt and chocolate powder
- Stir well to dissolve the salt and powder
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cream of tartar and olive oil
- Slowly add the water (you may find you need slightly more or less depending on the chocolate powder used)
- Mix together with a wooden spoon
- As it starts to form, use your hands (be careful as the mixture is hot) to work the mixture
Tip: If your playdough seems too wet, add some extra flour until it is at the desired consistency.
Have fun playing with your homemade playdough!